Donahue inconvenient in wartime?

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Feb 27 08:57:25 PST 2003

Chuck0 wrote:

>Oh please! Let's hope that the left doesn't go through an
>embarassing display of anguish over this development. Donahue's show
>simply sucked.

Yup, it did. Unwatchably awful. But what's disturbing about the cancellation is that MSNBC wanted him off before the war starts - they couldn't have anyone offering a platform to the antiwar cause. It was on Donahue's show during the First Gulf War that I saw Hitchens say that a state broadcasting system couldn't have done the propaganda job any better. It's still true, except now Hitchens is part of the propaganda team.

Doug