Donahue inconvenient in wartime?

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Thu Feb 27 09:02:32 PST 2003

> Yup, it did. Unwatchably awful. But what's disturbing about the
> cancellation is that MSNBC wanted him off before the war starts -
> they couldn't have anyone offering a platform to the antiwar cause.
> It was on Donahue's show during the First Gulf War that I saw
> Hitchens say that a state broadcasting system couldn't have done the
> propaganda job any better. It's still true, except now Hitchens is
> part of the propaganda team.
>
> Doug

I know someone who worked on Donahue's staff, and without giving too much away, it was apparently a nightmare, with the network meddling in all areas of production, booking, etc. And that MSNBC is looking to bring on the likes of Michael Savage tells you all you need to know about The Liberal Media.

As for Hitch, I've been rereading his stuff from the last Gulf War. Great pieces. Too bad he'd denounce himself today as soft on Saddam.

DP