lbo-talk-digest V1 #7494

Brad Mayer bradley.mayer at sun.com
Thu Feb 27 09:20:34 PST 2003

How about an experiment involving gold? To illustrate its electrical conductive and corrosion-resistant properties? ;-)

In reality, probably too hazardous (electricity, corrosive agents) - not to mention expensive, at $350/oz - for a 9 year old to pull off. But that lime juice and copper-plate battery worked...

-Brad

Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 14:26:08 -0800 From: joanna bujes <joanna.bujes at sun.com> Subject: science project

It's that time of year again...for the dreaded science project. If any of you could recommend a SIMPLE project that could be completed in a couple of weeks and could be comprehended by a nine-year old, please write me offlist. Actually, the nine-year old is totally OK and likes science, the real problem is the mother (me), a science moron.

Thanks,

Joanna