gold standard cranks

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Feb 28 04:33:56 PST 2003

Daniel Davies wrote:

>But yeah, I admit that most of my information comes from the internet. I
>swear that I have on a number of occasions seen libertarian nutcases
>attempt to defend their self-professed "political neutrality" by putting
>themselves in contrast to the religious types. It's really quite
>extraordinary.

On the feminist economics list, the so-called dean of feminist economists, Barbara Bergmann has been worrying about immigration. (I'd forward the posts, but it's against the rules.) Immigration lowers wages, puts a strain on public budgets, and - her latest worry - is bringing in a lot of antifeminist religious nuts. My first reaction to the last worry was "coals to Newcastle."

Doug