lbo-talk-digest V1 #7167

billbartlett at dodo.com.au billbartlett at dodo.com.au
Wed Jan 1 00:26:54 PST 2003

Daniel Davies wrote:

>Yoshie must be an absolute babe; anyone as ideologically terrifying as that
>tends to be expelled from polite society pretty quickly unless they've got
>something quite extraordinary going for them.

What does "ideologically terrifying" mean though? This idea is quite interesting. Of course I've never been a member of anything that could remotely be described as "polite society" myself, so I'm not in any position to judge whether your analysis is justified. But you seem to be saying that some ways of thinking are just too ghastly for people to tolerate. I'm curious exactly what that means, is it particular philosophy that is terrifying, or ways of expressing it, the degree of zealotry displayed, or something else?

>The presence of the beautiful men can be explained more simply; wherever
>you find extremely beautiful women, you will also find legions of fucking
>pretty boys who they go home with in preference to you. It's just a law
>about the bloody universe.

Well, if you are so shallow as to only want to go home with the physically attractive women, you are getting the karma you deserve.

Happy new year.

Bill Bartlett Bracknell Tas