Color of Anarchism Re: Protest ISO...

David Schanoes dmsch at attglobal.net
Thu Jan 2 04:37:54 PST 2003

I understand both CO's and TS's comments. It appears, however, that you have defined the terms and the conditions in such a way that anything the "left" does would be a manifestation of tokenism.

If a left group puts forth its members of color to demonstrate that it wants to build that connection, you call it tokenism. If a group, for example, selects an African-American to confront a reactionary black capitalist group (in order clearly to finesse the race card), that's tokenism.

But if a group doesn't do any of this, then it's not guilty of tokenism, it's going to be just lily white.

D. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Thomas Seay" <entheogens at yahoo.com> To: <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Sent: Wednesday, January 01, 2003 4:20 PM Subject: Re: Color of Anarchism Re: Protest ISO...