Electoral Dilemmas Re: Color of Anarchism

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 3 09:44:49 PST 2003

> I was a bit surprised to see Justin going on about
> how races don't
> really exist. Of course they don't exist in any
> biological sense, but
> they are created and sustained politically, and in
> the U.S., it
> happens every day, right in front of our eyes.

I didn't mean to deny this. Race is as real as any social construct, e.g., nation, religion. But it makes less sense than some because it purports to be a biological fact. Moreover it's extremely flexible in its range and scope. That's all I was saying.

Though my real point was that the Southern Strategy had to do with fear, not pride. jks

jks