Electoral Dilemmas Re: Color of Anarchism

Jeffrey Fisher jfisher at igc.org
Sun Jan 5 11:38:26 PST 2003

On Sunday, January 5, 2003, at 01:26 PM, andie nachgeborenen wrote:

>>> "Seperate but equal," the Supreme Court called it
>> in
>>> Plessy v. Ferguson (1897) [correction, 1896).
> What's neo about that?
>>
>> That was a bullshit cover for a hierarchal concept
>> of race. This is a
>> diffferent animal.
>>
>> Doug
>>

> The Court put it like this, referring, indeed to
> "physical difference," but putting more weight on the
> idea that race is a social relationship:

justin: what do you make of that reference to "racial instincts"?

it seems to me that the distinction between "civilly and politically," on the one hand, and "socially," on the other, is a bogus distinction, conveniently supportive of conviction (about racial instincts and physical difference).

<snip>

-- http://www.brainmortgage.com/ "Something's not in orbit in the capital of this galaxy." - Alphaville