Economic Determinism? NOT!

n/ a blackkronstadt at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 7 13:53:50 PST 2003

Actually, I hold Fredy Perlman's works in quite some esteem, although I'm beggining to see where the marxists on this list who opposed me bringing up "economic determinism" are coming from [since its not tied down to the base/superstructure arguement you are implying].

I think that there is an unspoken assumption that because I have identified strong elements of economic determinism in marx's anti-anarchism, I must be a ravnig post-structuralist. This is not the case. I am anything but a post-structuralist, and I have on numerous occasions gotten myself into brutal e-mail flame wars with pomos, post-structuralistis, and their ilk... my criticisms of marxism have nothing in common with post-structuralists fantasy. In essence, I think you're attackign a strawman of post-stucturalism, instead of realizing that for all intents and purposes my anarchism is inherently opposed to pomo rhetorich.

On that note, I'm sure our self-appointed ambassador of anarchism on this list, Chuck0, is a raving post-structuralist. Since I don't even consider his views as expressed on this list to even be remotely compatible with anarchism, i would suggest you bring haul out the Chuck0 scarecrow if you want to proceed down this road...

_________________________________________________________________ Protect your PC - get McAfee.com VirusScan Online http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963