Economic Determinism? NOT!

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 7 16:44:35 PST 2003

the marxists on this list who opposed me bringing up "economic determinism" are coming from

jks. If you mean to include me in that, je ne suis pas marxiste.

[since its not tied down to the base/superstructure arguement you are implying].

I think that there is an unspoken assumption that because I have identified strong elements of economic determinism in marx's anti-anarchism,

> Sigh. If you keep saying that, maybe people will believe it, but the only thing I see that you have identified is the inevitability thesis, which is independent of anything that might be reasonably understood to be economic determinism. (Communsim could be inevtable without its cominga bout for economic reasons.) Moreover, even if the thesis is tied to something that could called ED, for example the fettering thesis, that bears no relation to Marx's views about the state and the need of the workers to take state power.

jks

_________________________________________________________________ Protect your PC - get McAfee.com VirusScan Online http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963