Self-determination - pork rinds

Catherine Driscoll catherine.driscoll at arts.usyd.edu.au
Tue Jan 7 23:55:02 PST 2003

Brian re Kelley:

> > >Don't forget Pabst Blue Ribbon and potato chip sandwiches. (Was born in
> > >Nashville.)
> >

> > Pffft. Genny Screamers and Spiedies. You cain't hardly get more
> isolatedly
> > regional than a Genny Screamer and spiedie.
>
> I guess you're right - what the hell are those two things? It's so
> parochial I've never heard of it! Or maybe it's just because it's
> something you Nawtheners indulge in?

Nah. These things don't exist. She made them up. I know this because I've never heard of them either. And I'm sure, now, she's going to come back with some story giving them "socio- historical context". She'll probably even get a friend or three to sketch up lame supporting stories about how they've heard of Genny Screamers and spiedies. Or even seen, eaten, played, fucked, or voted for them. Don't believe any of it.

Catherine

------------------------------------------------- This mail sent through IMP at ArtsIT: http://admin.arts.usyd.edu.au/horde/imp/