Self-determination

DoreneFC at aol.com DoreneFC at aol.com
Wed Jan 8 02:34:13 PST 2003

In a message dated 1/8/2003 12:22:02 AM Pacific Standard Time, chrisd at russiajournal.com writes:

> Subj:RE: Self-determination
> Date:1/8/2003 12:22:02 AM Pacific Standard Time
> From:<A HREF="mailto:chrisd at russiajournal.com">chrisd at russiajournal.com</A>
> To:<A HREF="mailto:lbo-talk at lists.panix.com">lbo-talk at lists.panix.com</A>
> Sent from the Internet
>

> ChrisD(RJ) wrote:
>
> >Ukraine the fount of world civilization
>
> Is it true that Ukranians eat deep-fried chunks of pork fat?
>
> Doug
> ----
> Yes. It is called "salo." Russians eat it too. It is disgusting. The book
> they've been trying to ban in Russia on pornography charges is called "Gay
> Salo."

DEEP-FRIED would be downright civlized. Some places in Russia treat their Honored guests to big hunks of RAW meat fat either poking out of sausage or, even worse by itself.

For my taste, without knowing whether "lavender" instead of "light blue" ruins any key images, I would call the book "Lavender Lard." Just as long as I don't have to eat the stuff, no matter what color.

DoreneC -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20030108/650e2863/attachment.htm>