Yummy lard

ChrisD(RJ) chrisd at russiajournal.com
Wed Jan 8 07:09:30 PST 2003

DEEP-FRIED would be downright civlized. Some places in Russia treat their Honored guests to big hunks of RAW meat fat either poking out of sausage or,

even worse by itself. -- An ex-girlfriend from the States was living in Poland as a student. The family she was staying with, to honor their guest, slaughtered a pig and served it to her with a raw egg on top. She is Jewish. -- For my taste, without knowing whether "lavender" instead of "light blue" ruins any key images, I would call the book "Lavender Lard." Just as long as

I don't have to eat the stuff, no matter what color. -- Just for those who don't know, "goluboi," the word for "gay" in Russian, has as its primary meaning "light blue." Lesbians are "rozoviye," "pinks." The Russia title of the book is Goluboye salo.