Yummy lard

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Wed Jan 8 07:34:38 PST 2003

> An ex-girlfriend from the States was living in Poland as
> a student. The family she was staying with, to honor their
> guest, slaughtered a pig and served it to her with a raw
> egg on top. She is Jewish.

Do you mean she follows Kosher? In my experience, just being 'Jewish' (before we start the "What does it mean to be 'N'?" thread again, let's limit this to "self-identified Jewish") doesn't make it a slam-dunk that there's not going to be some pork-eating going on. In fact, quite to the contrary.

I don't always understand it, but I figure it just has to do with the fact that there's one special ingredient that makes everything taste better: pig.