Color of Anarchism Re: Protest ISO...

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Wed Jan 8 07:57:01 PST 2003

Brian O. Sheppard x349393 wrote:

> Speaking for myself, I'm not concerned with who merits the "anarchist"
> label. It's not a trophy. I'm just concerned with what's right. And
> post-leftism, primitvisim, believing institutions should automatically
> self-destruct after a given time (when will infoshop.org self-destruct,
> Chuck?), and "ecumenical" anarchism aren't.

Spoken like a true demagogue leftist.

For somebody who claims that he's not concerned with who merits the anarchist label, you certainly devote lots of your time to writing articles about who isn't an anarchist.

You don't like the fact that I have a broad, ecumenical view about who is an anarchist? Too bad.

I don't think any of us wants Infoshop to be around forever (it certainly seems that way to me as I've been doing it for 8 years as of this month). Infoshop exists to fill certain needs and if we ever see a revolutionary change, those needs will go away and those that are working on Infoshop can close it down and go build houses and take care of the children.

Chuck0

------------------------------------------------------------ Personal homepage -> http://chuck.mahost.org/ Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/ MutualAid.org -> http://www.mutualaid.org/ Alternative Press Review -> http://www.altpr.org/ Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/ Anarchy: AJODA -> http://www.anarchymag.org/

"The state can't give you free speech, and the state can't take it away. You're born with it, like your eyes, like your ears. Freedom is something you assume, then you wait for someone to try to take it away. The degree to which you resist is the degree to which you are free..." ---Utah Phillips