Self-determination - pork rinds

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Wed Jan 8 21:34:41 PST 2003

On Wed, 8 Jan 2003, Kelley wrote:

> With some regional food items of the Northeast it is easy to understand
> why they have failed to diffuse beyond their region of origin; they just
> don't taste very good or they are not different enough from other items
> with other names to replace them. New Jersey's pork roll is an example
> of the former

Waitasecond. You don't like Taylor ham? Or are you thinking of some other kind of pork roll I haven't heard of? A fried egg on a roll with a piece of taylor ham is the best breakfast in the world. Especially at 6:30 in the morning driving over the Pulaski Skyway to get to a construction site.

Michael