More on Hardt & Negri from Brennan

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Jan 9 08:10:04 PST 2003

Thomas Seay wrote:

>Now what do you think that this means? I have never
>read any such thing from Michael Hardt or Antonio
>Negri. It certainly cant mean that Hardt and Negri
>dont support strikes, etc or that Hardt and Negri dont
>support workers struggles against capital, Because
>that isn't true. So what does it mean?

Yeah, I'm wondering just what's so evil about Empire. You can find it wrong or silly or beside the point or otherwise icky, but why the intense hostility? Did anyone ever read the book and then decide, "Oh, I'll stop organizing against the war and read Spinoza instead," or "I think I'll quit my union now and just sit on my couch and disengage from labor"?

Doug