"Popular" in English & Spanish Re: Deleuze & Guattari...

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 10 09:42:17 PST 2003

--- Yoshie Furuhashi <furuhashi.1 at osu.edu> wrote:

> See, you have more to say about critics of _Empire_
> than _Empire_
> itself. One of the noteworthy things about threads
> on _Empire_ on
> LBO-talk and PEN-l is that those who say they like
> _Empire_ have
> little to say about it.

Another "Yoshieism"! Let's recall AGAIN how this thread began. Carrol posted an extract from Brennan that attacked "Empire" and went on to say that he agreed with Brennan and that Empire was worthless. Doug then made a saracstic post aimed at Carrol, something like "What Carrol you dont like Empire?" You then replied that he, Doug, should say something about the piece, instead of making such comments.

If you remember correctly, I then posted a long response stating point by point what I thought was a distortion by Brennan and EXPLAINING what Negri's positions are on the matter.

So get the facts straight Yoshie. Carrol (Not I) started this and I have answered in detail about my disagreement in regards to Brennan's criticism. YOU are the one who has said nothing of substance, except to trash Empire as "counterproductive" and "pop".

Stop turning the tables Yoshie!

Thomas

===== "Nothing is true, everything is permitted."

"Money eats quality and shits out quantity" -William Burroughs