Rock'n'roll kicks butt

Brian O. Sheppard bsheppard at bari.iww.org
Fri Jan 10 13:08:20 PST 2003

On Fri, 10 Jan 2003, Wojtek Sokolowski wrote:

> If you want to see a Red-blood Amerikkkun version of young Palestinians
> dancing on the streets after 9/11, see the following ad of a watering
> hole located in a blue-collar district of Baltimore:
>
> http://www.thunderdomeonline.com
>

> In this context, global capitalism sounds like poetic justice - the
> I-love-my-country-but-cannot-pay-my-bills folks who want to kiss ass
> overseas get their own asses kicked in their workplace by falling wages
> and disappearing pension plans. And they deserve every bit of it.
>
> Wojtek

Haha - that webpage is too rich.

I agree with the argument implicit in your criticism, however - that we need more leftist hair metal bands. Bands that could do a cover of a song like Styx's "Blue Collar Man" or Loverboy's "Working for the Weekend" and tie it in to the broader class struggle.

You know I'm right,

Brian

--

"At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid." - Friedrich Nietzsche

"Il etait enfin venu, le jour ou je fus un pourceau!" - Comte de Lautreamont, Les Chants de Maldoror, 4th Hymn, Strophe 6