Deleuze & Guattari, Zizek on Arendt (More from Brennan)

Kelley jimmyjames at softhome.net
Sat Jan 11 07:50:50 PST 2003

At 11:08 PM 1/11/03 +0800, Grant Lee wrote:
>Kelley
>
>At the moment I can't explain it better than this:

well, I've got all day, next week, and next year, at least. I'm pretty patient.

>"Relations of Production: The objective material relations that exist in any
>society independently of human consciousness, formed between all people in
>the process of social production, exchange, and distribution of material
>wealth." http://www.marxists.org/glossary/terms/r/e.htm
>
>Note that "independently of human consciousness"

ok, so here, i'll wager we have a difference as to what "independently" means--ontologically speaking.

so, perhaps it would be best to proceed when you have a moment and to do so when you're willing to "explain it better". I was thinking that perhaps we could look at an example or examples of how one would go about studying a relation or relations of production.

Kelley