Hardass Marxists

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sun Jan 12 10:26:12 PST 2003

Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

>I'd love to be a hardass Marxist, but I'm afraid I'd have to get on
>a StairMaster to become one. From what I've observed, Carrol is a
>bonyass Marxist, and, very sad and embarrassing to admit, I'm a
>flatass Marxist (in my defense, I plead that it's a common condition
>among East Asians, especially the Japanese). If you spot hardass
>Marxists, send them my way. ;->

My one year now of intense gym attendance has hardened mine considerably, but many would consider me not a Marxist.

Slavoj sez somewhere that attention to fitness is an early sign of a rightward move; he cites Jane Fonda as proof.

>I wonder if the post-Last-Marxist Katha has remade herself into a
>Mujer de Metal as her daughter encouraged.

Don't know about the metallic content, but she has undergone quite a makeover and looks great. She even bought some stuff at Sephora!

Doug