Hardass Marxists

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sun Jan 12 14:47:59 PST 2003

Doug Henwood wrote:

> Slavoj sez somewhere that attention to fitness is an early sign of a
> rightward move; he cites Jane Fonda as proof.

I've been lifting weights three times a week since 1998 (with time out for headaches, broken wrists, and cataract surgery. Have I been drifting rightwards?

And with timeouts for depressive plunges, broken hips, et cet I've been riding an exercycle three to six times a week (20 to 70 min. per day) for 20 years. That's why I can treat myself to tremendously rich egg milkshakes, etc. & still keep a bony ass. (4 large scoops of Breyer's icecream, one tablespoon of sugar, 4 eggs, 3 or four tablespoons of malted milk powder, and a squirt of vanilla. I happily expect to die of Salmonella poisoning from raw or undercooked eggs.)

Carrol