Jared Israel's website,"Documenting the Nazi Past of the Palestinian Leadership/"

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Mon Jan 13 00:42:13 PST 2003

Carrol>majority of left-liberals at the time...

And Communists and their periphery then...

A few days ago at the SF State library wandering the stacks found a picture book with text written by I.F. Stone from 1950 or so, very sympathetic to the fledging state. The other author was a writer for PM, the Popular Front NYC newspaper.

And, the post I just sent a few minutes ago, and other material I've read over the yrs. (try Arthur Liebman's book on Jews and the Left.) says the CPUSA and fellow travelers were pro-Zionist. Only after the '67 war, as Michel Feher in the closing chapter of Paul Berman's anthology on Blacks and Jews and a chapter in this U.C. Press book,<URL: http://www.ucpress.edu/books/pages/9257.html > "Epic Encounters: Culture, Media, and U.S. Interests in the Middle East, 1945-2000, " by Melani McAlister,on Black Power and Palestine, did the US Left begin to shift to a anti-Zionist position.

But, since, Carrol, has long had me in his, "kill file, " he'll never see these book cites ;-)

-- Michael Pugliese