Jude: vote for Rev Al!

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Jan 13 15:05:50 PST 2003

Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

>I've never seen Sharpton speak on TV, but the way Wanniski writes
>about him makes me think that he has the right approach to
>self-representation. I thought the same thing about Scott Ritter,
>who also appears to have a backbone. It's important for leftists
>not to gravel and come across as apologetic about opposing the war
>or taking any other position.

Sharpton is very smart, very quick, and knows what he's talking about. Very impressive in interviews and debate (see the long interview with Scott Sherman in a recent ish of Transition). There's a lot that's questionable about his past - notably the Tawana Brawley affair - but, hey, no one's perfect. I'm glad he's running and hope he really shakes up American politics over the next year or two. He could give the Dems real nightmares.

Doug