Jude: vote for Rev Al!

Nathan Newman nathanne at nathannewman.org
Mon Jan 13 15:23:56 PST 2003

>Sharpton is very smart, very quick, and knows what he's talking
>about. Very impressive in interviews and debate (see the long
>interview with Scott Sherman in a recent ish of Transition). There's
>a lot that's questionable about his past - notably the Tawana Brawley
>affair - but, hey, no one's perfect. I'm glad he's running and hope
>he really shakes up American politics over the next year or two. He
>could give the Dems real nightmares.

We'll see how Donna Brazile does with her strategy to increase black power at the Dem convention AND head off Reverend Al. She's talking about reviving the tradition of "favorite sons", having prominent black personalities and officials run in the primaries in each state. The goal would be to sweep up enough votes to actually create a situtation where the "black bloc" of delegates would actually be able to decide the nomination.

-- Nathan