International ANSWER: Spammers

budge budge at el-pleasant.org
Tue Jan 14 13:38:33 PST 2003

On Tue, 14 Jan 2003 at 2:36am Kelley wrote:

> if any stalinist nose picking morons from International
> Answer are on this list, do me a favor and get fucked
> good and proper.
>
> i cannot believe these idiots are using habeas which is
> mail you get is not spam.

did you report them to habeas? habeas will only be useful if people abusing it are larted severely and promptly. i am agnostic as to whether it will ever develop critical mass enough to be very useful, but it will never be useful if the shitheads aren't reported to habeas.com.

here's a snippet on SPAM that came into another mailbox this am:

VOLUME OF SPAM EXPECTED TO SURPASS THAT OF REGULAR MAIL Studies show that the volume of spam has increased dramatically in recent years and will continue to rise, possibly surpassing regular e-mail as early as July. Spam is cheap, costing around $25 per million e-mail addresses. It is a growing problem that Internet service providers (ISPs), the government, and others are attempting to curtail through filtering software, lawsuits, and legislation. Major ISPs already screen e-mail before it hits subscribers^ inboxes, filtering out some spam before users even see it. America Online, which successfully sued a spammer of pornographic material, will offer a one-click service to report spam with its next release. Blacklisting spammers is another tactic employed by ISPs, but one that is fallible. A Harris poll indicates that 74 percent favor making spam illegal, and 26 states have passed anti-spam legislation. Some of the proposed federal laws, however, could exacerbate the problem, according to David Sorkin, a law professor with the Center for Information Technology and Privacy Law at the John Marshall Law School in Chicago. Laws that identify certain types of spam as illegal, he said, might seem to condone or endorse other types of spam. NewsFactor Network, 13 January 2003

http://www.newsfactor.com/perl/story/20447.html