Hitch in WSJ

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Jan 15 10:35:37 PST 2003

Peter K. wrote:

>I think calling Hitchens a right-winger is
>cheap, lazy and stupid.

I never did. I've said he's moved right, and he himself has said he's glad Thatcher won, that Bush is a pretty good guy, and that he's exploring his libertarian side. Maybe it's because I was a rightwinger once that I'm more sensitive to the taxonomic subtleties than your average leftist.

Speaking of which <http://english-www.hss.cmu.edu/bs/36/henwood.html>, since membership in the Yale Party of the Right is "for life at least," I'm going to their annual banquet on Feb 1 - the POR's 50th anniversary bash! Can't wait to see if they're happy with the state of the world, or scowling and growling like Brit Hume does every night.

Doug