the pr0n channel (was International ANSWER . . .)

Jeffrey Fisher jfisher at igc.org
Wed Jan 15 11:21:30 PST 2003

On Tuesday, January 14, 2003, at 06:27 PM, joanna bujes wrote:

> At 05:46 PM 01/14/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>> My late friend John Liscio, who was a real porn connoisseur,
>> theorized that men liked girl-on-girl action because it freed them of
>> the anxiety of having a male on the screen who might experience
>> unwelcome scopophilia.
>
> Fascinating....the reason why men like watching women have sex has to
> do with the fact that they don't have to watch a man????? It would
> have nothing to do with the fact that women are HOT????

are those mutually exclusive? of course not. incidentally, i also think that there's an element of the "all women really are nymphomaniacs deep down and want to have sex with anything that moves (and even what doesn't) despite their protestations to the contrary" going on. i'm reminded of ovid's "amores", in which the perversions of miscellaneous women feature prominently as examples of women's innate fundamental promiscuity, nay, hypersexuality. same thing.

> I would be incredulous except that I too have noticed the skyrocketing
> of anxiety when men are in any position to think that they might be
> attracted to/perceived to be attracted to/....a man.

yep. i know women like this, too, btw--mostly good midwestern girls. ;-)