freedom to farm

Michael Perelman michael at ecst.csuchico.edu
Wed Jan 15 17:01:46 PST 2003

Michael Pugliese wrote:

> Jacob pointed out A.V. Krebs. Has a huge book on agribiz, blurbed by
> Jim Hightower, who wrote a book called, "Square Tomatoes, "no?

No. "Hard Tomatoes, Hard Times." I was contacted to work with him on the book, but instead I got a $2000 grant to hire some students who helped me set up the organic food conspiracy distribution operation in Berkeley. Al Krebs and Jim have worked together a long time. They were both very influential in Fred Harris's presidential run -- which fizzled, even though (or perhaps because) he was pretty good.

Al is very knowledeable about agriculture, esp. midwest ag. I think that I recall that he said that he was editor of NY Mag. before getting into ag.

--

Michael Perelman Economics Department California State University Chico, CA 95929

Tel. 530-898-5321 E-Mail michael at ecst.csuchico.edu