lbo-talk-digest V1 #7260: Hitchens letter to Seattle peaceniks

Willy Greenfields filthydirtyunwashed at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 17 04:41:11 PST 2003

Ah, so he repeats his renunciation of anti-imperialism with: "Have you, or your friends, recently employed the slogan 'No War for Oil'? If so, did you listen to what you were saying? Do you mean that oil isn't worth fighting for, or that oil resources aren't worth protecting?"

I loved when he first said the above in The Mirror. He didn't ask the obvious companion questions such whether the need for rubber and copper resources justified what we did to the Philippines, or if, when fighting one of his blood-for-oil wars, whether blood and oil should be exchanged at parity.