Marta wanted you to see this!

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Sun Jan 19 13:39:28 PST 2003

> But Dennis, by your logic shouldn't the USA share in any
> punishment to Iraq, in re: the Iran war? And if not, then
> why Iraq (as far as its aggression to Iran is concerned)?
> I think you've argued this one off the table.
>
> mbs

Not really. The point I'm trying to make is that Iraq is not some poor, progressive state that would do wonders if only left alone by US imperialism. Saddam's regime is aggressive and murderous, and would be if the US stayed out of the picture.

My argument isn't about proper punishment for crimes -- it's about what constitutes a "victim" in the mindset of the contemporary, "antiwar" left.

DP