Community Colleges

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Mon Jan 20 10:57:56 PST 2003

> In philosophy (my former field), Michigan's a top 5
> school in every ranking, has been for generations.

Of the top 10, how many are on the coasts? I looked at a few rankings for Philosophy, and it looks like Pittsburgh is the only other non-coastal in the 10.

> Point is, what's elite varies by area.

Not disagreeing; re-read what I wrote: I started by getting away from "coastal = elite" and said I thought the general rule was "rank(job) <= rank(degree)" ...