evil iraq

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Tue Jan 21 12:12:38 PST 2003

> The only reason I can think of that you keep harping on this is to
> discredit the antiwar movement, which as you should know is far far
> larger than ANSWER. You say you're not behind the Bush admin's plans,
> but you're sounding more & more like it.
>
> Doug

Ridiculous. I actually prefer an Iraqi uprising to topple Saddam, and there are those willing and waiting to do it. Bush's crowd are floating ideas that they might let Saddam go into exile, free of the Hague. Think I'm behind something like that? And I also posted what I think, based on decades of policy, what the Bush admin really wants in Iraq. And again, I'm not in line for that.

If ANSWER's losing its grip on organizing, three cheers. Not long ago I was reading here and elsewhere that, yes, ANSWER sucks but they are great organizers, the ones doing all the dirty work, so let's go along for the sake of stopping the war, despite what we may personally think. Now you tell me that ANSWER's not all that important. Which is it?

DP