evil iraq

Jeffrey Fisher jfisher at igc.org
Tue Jan 21 12:20:33 PST 2003

On Tuesday, January 21, 2003, at 02:12 PM, Dennis Perrin wrote:

>> The only reason I can think of that you keep harping on this is to
>> discredit the antiwar movement, which as you should know is far far
>> larger than ANSWER. You say you're not behind the Bush admin's plans,
>> but you're sounding more & more like it.
>>
>> Doug
>
> Ridiculous. I actually prefer an Iraqi uprising to topple Saddam, and
> there
> are those willing and waiting to do it.

iirc, the last time a crowd of kurds tried to "topple saddam", bush pere sat back and watched while they got their asses kicked. but maybe i misremember .

> Bush's crowd are floating ideas that
> they might let Saddam go into exile, free of the Hague. Think I'm
> behind
> something like that?

genuine question here: would it be preferable to invade iraq rather than move saddam into exile? or is punishing him so much more important than everyhting it would take to conquer and rebuild iraq? yes or no.