X-Men are not human: judge

Todd Archer todda39 at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 21 16:09:38 PST 2003

I saw the article on this in the Citizen today. Here's the court report; couldn't find an article at the moment:

http://www.cit.uscourts.gov/slip_op/Slip_op01/01-9.pdf

In order to get around a 12% duty on dolls, the owner of the toy company argued, and won, that the X-Men action figures don't represent human beings, instead they are: "[t]oys representing animals or non-human creatures (for example, robots and monsters), because they represent creatures other than human beings."

According to the Citizen article, the judge performed a minute examination of the dolls, including, if I remember correctly, undressing them.

Boy, I can't wait for genetically altered humans to come off the assembly lines . . . .

Todd

_________________________________________________________________ MSN 8 with e-mail virus protection service: 2 months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?page=features/virus