Museums of Atheism

ChrisD(RJ) chrisd at russiajournal.com
Wed Jan 22 01:34:33 PST 2003

Right now they are spending their money on renovating churches of various stripes, where were grossly neglected in the Soviet era. When I saw that during my last year's visit to Leningrad, I thought the Soviet screwed that up. Neglecting these beautiful works of architecture was totally unnecessary. They could have simply re-defined them as products of human labor, which is what they actually were. They should have turned them into museums, as they did the Hermitage.

Wojtek ---- Agreed. Orthodox churches are beautiful.