Great News From David Horowitz

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 22 23:26:07 PST 2003

--- Chuck0 <chuck at mutualaid.org> wrote: But a movement "led" by a group that doesn't
> organize direct action
> and civil disobedience, along with demos and
> marches, is going to be pretty
> toothless.

Chuck0, the lesson that I learned from last weekend is that ANSWER isn't leading anything! They're a bunch of bus organizers. If you asked a lot of the march participants the question "who organized the event?" They wouldn't know the answer.

I only remember seeing a few of those monotonous ANSWER or ISO placards the whole march. Instead there was a sea of joy, with people doing all kinds of interesting and creative stuff. It was like a huge street party. That's something the WWP, ISO, or that dour sociologist that Caroll cited could never create or could never even understand in this context: joy. Joy is a much more radical force than marching in formation or spouting out tired vanguardist cliches'...at least, I think so.

Do you think 10 naked women running through the streets of San Francisco or a picture of someone doing something funny at the demonstration, (items which the sociologist wished hadn't been reported) are going to discourage or encourage people to join the movement? I'll bet on the latter!

We cant take more "extreme" actions on our own...there's nothing preventing it.

-Thomas

===== <<Be like me! The Primal Mother, eternally creative, eternally impelling into life,

eternally drawing satisfaction from the ceaseless flux of phenomena.>>

-Nietzsche, "The Birth of Tragedy"