Jobs, Family, etc & "Party-Building" Re: Hollow ANSWER?

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Thu Jan 23 11:15:18 PST 2003

Liza Featherstone wrote:

> 2)Most peace groups are very disorganized, partly because they involve
> people who are also dealing with jobs, school, children, grandchildren,
> friends and lives. Luckily, party-building groups don't have that problem!

Liza, I spent a number of years in two different "party-building" groups, The New Voice (a small california based group that grew for awhile) and League of Revolutionary Struggle. Everyone I knew or heard of in both groups (with the exception of two women in LRS) were extensively involved with jobs, school, children, friends and lives. I don't know whether this is true or not of WWP. Most of the people I met at one time or another from CLP, RCP, RWHq, CPML, Black Workers Congress and the Panthers were equally involved with jobs, etc. Everyone in the local group Jan & I pulled together in the early '70s was similarly involved with jobs, children, etc.

Carrol