Is Gitlin <agent baiting deleted>

budge budge at el-pleasant.org
Thu Jan 23 20:03:50 PST 2003

On Thu, 23 Jan 2003 at 10:07pm Chip Berlet wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As a matter of principle, even though I disagree with
> Gitlin, this thread that agent-baits him in unethical
> and repulsive. Even repeating the header is not
> defnsible.

yeah, i have to agree with that. i very much disagreed with marc cooper position on pacifica, but when people in the free pacifica movement started claiming he was a cia [agent,stooge,whatevA], i thought that they must be martians. it does not build credibility for the speaker's arguments to pretend to be from mars.