BUSINESS PROPOSAL

budge budge at el-pleasant.org
Fri Jan 24 07:25:21 PST 2003

On Thu, 23 Jan 2003 at 10:04pm Peter K. wrote:

> My new favorite spam comes courtesy of the industry
> giant Abbot Labs. High Capitalism in all its glory.

Now Peter, as a loyal native Chicagoan, I would have thought you would have learned how to spell Abbott Labs by now. The above spam has nothing to do with Abbott the pharma and is meant to trick people who can't spell. Companies like Abbott do not spam, or when they do, it is not in such a crass fashion.

Oh, and temd.net is a spamhaus -- their domain belongs in everybody's personal blocklist. I think it is owned by that woman that NPR and NYT did stories about not too long ago.

My favorite big 'respectable' company that I've been spammed by is KPMG, the accounting firm. They spammed me and when I went to complain they had neither a functioning abuse@ NOR a postmater at . So, for the last three years or so, the entire domain KPMG.com is blacklisted from the domains I admin.

-- no Onan