Hollow ANSWER?

Nathan Newman nathanne at nathannewman.org
Fri Jan 24 08:59:11 PST 2003

Doug, your math looks odd.

$15 times 2000 hours per year= $30,000 per working cadre 200 working cadre * $30,000 = $6 million per year of total cadre income

Assume that 20% is tithed and you get $1.2 million for paying organizers. Divide by 100 and you get $12,000 per year for each WWP organizer.

Not an unreasonable salary by ACORN etc. standards of pay

And that ignores the money raised by WWP through rally fundraising and other activities, although maybe we can assume that goes for overhead and publications.

But still the math is not unreasonable and the tithe level could be higher than 20%-- someone once told me that the Spartacus tithing level was something ungodly like 50-60%.

-- Nathan Newman

Chuck0 wrote:

>I have a hard time believing that the WWP pays 100 of it cadre to be
>full time organizers. I can believe a dozen or so, but 100? How much
>money are they taking out of the other 200

Well let's do the math. Let's assume they've got 300 members employed at the average hourly U.S. wage of $15 working full-time (2000 hrs/year) and they tithe, that's an annual income of $900,000 (3,000 * 300). Clearly they couldn't pay 100 salaries out of that.

Doug