Decriminalization of Drugs

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 24 19:26:37 PST 2003

Yes, Dorene, but the Prohibition of drugs, all drugs has led to the current situation. I will openly admit that I take certain drugs myself: marijuana, LSD, psilocybin mushrooms and, if I could get it, DMT. Personally, I think these drugs cannot only be used recreationally but can actually open up new perspectives for users.

I would never take heroin, crack or any addictive drugs, YET, I dont think they should be illegal. First of all, I dont think the State has a right to tell me what I can or cannot put into my body. Secondly, we get all of the results of the current "War on Drugs": bad stuff being put out on the street, proliferation of mafioso types controlling the drug trade, people resorting to other types of crime because they cant afford the jacked-up prices of their drug, attacks against (mostly) minority members, individuals whose lives are ruined by having the stigma of a blemished legal record, families broken up.

I cannot see one good thing that results from having drugs illegal. It doesn't stop drug use and just creates more social problems. We know what happened during the Prohibition of alcohol (a DRUG that has ruined more lives than Heroin) and people continue not to learn the lesson.

-Thomas --- DoreneFC at aol.com wrote:

> Do I want it to stay illegal: yes I sure as hell do
> so and I speak from the
> perspective of knowing people involved with it who
> need every angle possible
> for outside intervention for this NASTY problem.
>
> DoreneC

===== <<Be like me! The Primal Mother, eternally creative, eternally impelling into life,

eternally drawing satisfaction from the ceaseless flux of phenomena.>>

-Nietzsche, "The Birth of Tragedy"