The most titilating thread ever!

ChrisD(RJ) chrisd at russiajournal.com
Sat Jan 25 01:01:23 PST 2003

W. Kiernan:

jks wrote:

> That's because YOU don't have a teenage daughter.

Um, if you do have a teenage daughter like my two, and if your eyes and ears work, then I don't see how you could possibly think of a sixteen year old woman as a child. They don't look or talk or act like the children they were five or ten years previously. Clearly they are not children but young ladies instead.

And boy oh boy, if you think you can get away with treating your sixteen year old daughter as though she were a child, are you ever looking for a whole world of trouble! --- Me:

I think part of the issue is that American children, by and large, are artificially infantilized to speak frankly. A Russian teenager is an adult. I noticed the last time I was in the States, hanging around the university campus, that I just not find the female syudents sexually attractive. The reason, I decided, was that, ostentatious sexuality and physiological age notwithstanding, they were like 12-year-olds, the sexuality coming off as artificial and forced. You can put a midrif shirt on a 5-year-old, and she's still a five-year-old. No attraction.