Leninist Ends Re: Hollow ANSWER?

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Sat Jan 25 11:02:53 PST 2003

Thomas Seay wrote:

> This is ABSOLUTELY wrong. I dont know whether Jim and
> Yoshie are naive or dissimulating. Party-building is
> a primary task for any Leninist party. Where is the
> party to recruit: among trade-unions and
> mass-organizations (like ANSWER). They go into or
> create mass organizations with a view to building up
> their parties influence among the masses as well as
> recruiting new members for their party.
>
> Now any honest Leninist would admit to this. The view
> is "what is good for the party is good for the
> masses".
>
> So, the WWP through ANSWER is working toward hardcore
> Leninist aims. Of course, I OPPOSE those aims, and
> you and Yoshie DONT, but that is nonetheless the
> system.

Exactly. All this front group stuff is all designed to build revolutionary authenticity for the leaders of the WWP. For a coalition, Brian Becker certainly does most of the talking at press conferences and in interviews. It's pretty obvious that the WWP's stratetegy is to build credibility for Becker, Ramsey Clark, Larry Holmes, and others who are loyal to the party.

If you still don't buy this, just check out the scene in San Francisco. Who does most of the talking for ANSWER out there?

Richard Becker, WWP cadre leader and brother of Brian Becker.

Of course, this is old news to many on this list, but the peace movement make a big mistake to dismiss these facts are irrelevant.

Chuck0

------------------------------------------------------------ Personal homepage -> http://chuck.mahost.org/ Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/ MutualAid.org -> http://www.mutualaid.org/ Alternative Press Review -> http://www.altpr.org/ Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/ Anarchy: AJODA -> http://www.anarchymag.org/

"The state can't give you free speech, and the state can't take it away. You're born with it, like your eyes, like your ears. Freedom is something you assume, then you wait for someone to try to take it away. The degree to which you resist is the degree to which you are free..." ---Utah Phillips