No More Bad Dad

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 25 11:59:01 PST 2003

If I want parenting advice from you, I'll ask for it. My daughter's 13. I also remember what I and my sisters and friends were like at 16. As long as the law makes me legally responsible for my kids till the're 18, I'm gonna use my repressive, paternalistic, authoritarian, patriachial power. Sorry if you disapprove. But not too sorry. It's not your damn business. jks

As for Justin's nervousness, what is there to say? By sixteen you should be able to trust your kid's judgment. The truth is, you probably do. I did. I never thought twice about what my kid was up to after he was about eleven or twelve. I suspect I would have trusted a daughter even more. I considered my kid's ability to judge situations like exercise, the more he did it, the better he got at it.

Chuck Grimes