More Bad Dad

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sun Jan 26 08:20:23 PST 2003

"Max B. Sawicky" wrote:

> I don't have any advice for anyone, except to ignore advice,
> including this. You do it the best way you can, but it's a
> crap shoot. There's no telling how kids will turn out, except
> in the case of deliberate abuse, when, obviously, bad outcomes
> are more likely.

This is, I think, perfect. I would only add that it would probably help if there was an absolute prohibition of any and all advice on child raising in books, newspapers, TV, university and high school classes, web sites, & therapist offices. I won the crap shoot, but few would have predicted it in advance. :-) I pretty much gave up on the kids after about 12, and all three turned out beautifully. Before 12 I was wonderfully inconsistent.

Carrol