Lula goes to Davos

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Mon Jan 27 09:46:44 PST 2003

kj khoo:

> Evidently, here's someone who believes the Iraqis of Baghdad, all
> four million of them, deserve the "shock and awe" that's coming to
> them, have their city taken out, the power and water supply done in...

Not so, not even close, but I know some anti-warriors will spew anything in advance of Bush's planned aggression, and feel justified by pointing to the "Iraqi people" as if they are one, and as if said anti-warrior truly cares about the common Iraqi's fate.

> Really -- search as I could through Thiago's post, I nowhere found
> the Baathist regime mentioned. Still, the presence of Iraqi flags is
> enough to set DP frothing. Should I then froth the next time I see
> the US flag in some crowd with Iraqi, Palestinian, Chilean, whatever,
> flags?

Define "frothing" for me, and while you reach for your dictionary, note that I think ALL flags are an affront to human progress and dignity. They are symbols of tribalism and nationalism and would, in a decent world, be used solely to start a race. So how you react to Old Glory is really your business. Froth and wretch to your heart's content.

DP