FRIDA review

Marta Russell ap888 at lafn.org
Mon Jan 27 10:17:58 PST 2003

>That may or may not be true. As a frequent reader of the US magazine "best
>and worst dressed" pages, I've seen a lot of serious, talented actresses
>wearing some pretty scanty get-ups to these events. But if they are taken
>less seriously for it, that says much more about our culture's ambivalence
>about sex and femininity - women can't be hyper-sexual and be "serious"
>people -- than about the talents of the ladies in question.
>

>Liza

I read it as just the same old sexist shit. That women must take off their clothes to get attention from the still male dominated film and media business. That they must sell their bodies. That women must screw their way in. Hollywood has a history of this, you know.

I just don't think showing pubic hairs in public shows much maturity in this day and age and as Ian pointed out it is redundant.

Marta --