FRIDA review

Liza Featherstone lfeather32 at erols.com
Mon Jan 27 09:32:15 PST 2003

Marta wrote:

> I don't know of any serious actors who walk practically nude to the
> academy - not even Sharon Stone. I don't think people view that sort
> of thing as serious

That may or may not be true. As a frequent reader of the US magazine "best and worst dressed" pages, I've seen a lot of serious, talented actresses wearing some pretty scanty get-ups to these events. But if they are taken less seriously for it, that says much more about our culture's ambivalence about sex and femininity - women can't be hyper-sexual and be "serious" people -- than about the talents of the ladies in question.

Liza