FRIDA review

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Mon Jan 27 11:37:35 PST 2003

>>Marta Russell wrote:
>>
>>>I don't think people view that sort of thing as serious and I
>>>don't think Salma Hayek is a serious actor, mostly a body who
>>>should be a model for bikini magazines.
>>
>>Which is a completely separate question from her mode of dress.
>>People can be talented and dress sexy or untalented and dress sexy
>>or...
>>
>>Doug
>
>Mode of dress is not separate. These actors are people who will
>spend an entire day planning what to wear. Again, I must bring up
>the man question. I know of no male actor who bares his pubes at
>Academy gatherings. I doubt it will ever happen either.
>
>Marta

Sadly true -- I'd love to see Viggo Mortensen for instance in various states of undress. He looked very beautiful in a pretty odd and yet pretty film called _The Reflecting Skin_ (1991), in which he plays (if my memory serves) a dying American soldier who was exposed to radiation in Hiroshima. Recently, I've heard Mortensen is some kind of left-winger and poet to boot. What more can one want from a man? I almost (well, almost) won't care if his poems are bad (I don't know if they are, as I haven't read them). ;->

At 10:21 PM -0800 1/26/03, Ian Murray wrote:
> > What's wrong with see-through clothing?
> > Doug
>
>Its redundancy............

Complete nakedness is seldom as sexy as states of undress that don't quite show everything. That is why hardcore porn with close-ups of penises and vaginas is not sexy but dull and (in some cases) depressing (especially when actors look bored). -- Yoshie